segunda-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2011

Crochet purse handles tutorial

Hello my friends!

Some of you may know I have a Pinterest profile--it's hard not to get addicted to that place! I've discovered so many gorgeous things to craft, so many talented people... but above all, I've been creating a sort of "box of favourite crafts" I can get back to when I get the time and the opportunity to try something new.

On my dwellings I found this image of crochet purse handles, and a link to the blog with the tutorial.

The blog is Roberta Crochet & Cia and the tutorial is written in Portuguese... so when I saw someone asking for a translation (sorry, I can't find the original request!) I offered to do so.

Here's my translation, hope it's clear enough (it really is very simple!)


Crochet purse handles

Step 1


Make a chain 140 stitches long (approximately 90 cm long) and make 4 rows of sc (single crochet). Slip stitch the top and bottom rows together to form a tube. Join both ends of the tube, to form a circle. Reinforce these stitches to make sure they don’t come apart.

Step 2


Make a chain 35 stitches long (approximately 20cm) and make 8 rows of sc. Form a roll around the tube you made in step 1 and slip stitch it together, top and bottom row of your crochet strip.

Step 3


Chain 3;
Row  1: 3 sc;
Row 2: 4 sc;  
Row 3: 5 sc;  
Rows  4 to 16: 6 sc;
Row 17: 5 sc;  
Row 18: 4 sc;  
Row 19: 3 sc;

You can make it wider or longer if you’d like; work with crab stitch or single crochet around it to finish off . Make 2 to secure the purse handles onto the purse itself.

Please refer to Roberta's blog to see all images, I only added one for each step here but she has a step by step tutorial with more images. Thank you Roberta, for your very clear tutorial!

Hope this is useful! 

Have a wonderful week :)
xxxxx

17 comentários:

  1. Teresa, love those handles, thanks for sharing them. I am on Pinterest, too, but I am not quite sure what to do with all those beautiful pictures.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very useful and very good! Thanks for takign the time to do this. I am also addicted to Pinterest. I am going to log in now and follow you.
    xo Susan

    ResponderEliminar
  3. that is so clever !! wonderful idea :)
    hope all is well
    Valeria

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Teresa,
    I was very happy with your visit to my blog. I liked seeing my straps on his blog. I am grateful for the disclosure. Always be welcome back anytime there. A big hug.
    Roberta

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi! I'm Nina, very happy seeing Roberta's craft on your blog. xoxo

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Beautiful.Sou brasileira.Adorei seu blog

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Beautiful. Thank you making them now for a crocodile purse!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. From looking at the original post, it looks like a size G hook.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I just made black handles for my bag and love them...thank you for the great tutorial!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I just made these in black and LOVE! Thank you for the great tutorial!

    ResponderEliminar
  11. hi!i m from India.i love these these handles!and very easy to crochet!thanks for sharing!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. hi! my name is nisha.i m beginner in crochet.but these handles are so easy to make and looks beautiful!thank you for sharing!!

    ResponderEliminar

It's always great to read your comments! :) Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It